There’s no shortage of young, talented professionals in the rental industry in 2022, and Rental Management magazine has come out with their annual list of 12 to Watch Under 40.
Congratulations to everyone on this year’s list: Casey Bisont, Ben Blood, Erin Brochu, Stefanie Donabandian, Gina Glas, T.J. Hermesman, El Ioannou, Rob W. Pedersen, Alix Peña, Bryan Peters, Samantha Ruttura, and Courtney Tamuzza. As is our wont, we’ll highlight the Point of Rental users a little more here:
- Casey Bisonet of Alpine Events grew up wanting to become a rancher and worked at a security guard company before founding Dakota Dumpster, an oil field waste management company. After selling that company, he found Alpine Events in 2016 and has been growing and fine-tuning the company since.
- Gina Glas opted to run her family’s rental business, A Classic Party Rental, over her other potential career as a National Geographic photojournalist. She’s helped the company grow to a full-service event and expo company with 113 employees and helped build the company’s giving platform, #AClassicCares.
- El Ioannou is Mr Plant Hire’s company operations manager. She joined the hire industry at 18, realizing quickly that it was the right industry for her. At Mr Plant Hire, she’s helped the company get certified by the International Powered Access Federation for MEWPs; she also promotes the rental & hire industry relentlessly on social media.
- Rob W. Pedersen is a member of the fourth generation of Pedersens running A Tool Shed in Santa Cruz, Calif. Prior to joining the family business, he was a naval aviator, flying in deployments in Asia and the Middle East. Now he’s excited about the rental industry’s future growth as people value the flexibility rental offers.
- Samantha Ruttura grew up in a construction-focused family and found her own niche with her own concrete pumping business, Our Rental Pumps. She’s branched out into more equipment rental over the years, getting more involved with the ARA. She’s currently a part of the ARA’s Young Professionals Committee. (Note: She even joined us on The Front Porch for a podcast episode. Listen here)
If you’d like to read more about these young professionals or see the rest of the list, you can check out Rental Management Magazine this month.